Sunday 13 August 2017

Lucy.......

Well these blocks are not really showing Lucy progress and stitching time for me at the moment....... It's just I finally got time to take a photo of the blocks...... 
One got finished in June and the other July........ 
Today is my first day at home in about 6 weeks and the house sure is showing that......
But I have found my way to the Chookshed and I vacuumed some bugs up...... Not sure how but they find there way in......
I had some cream strips in the house for backgrounds and brought them back out to the Chookshed and finally cut some..........I had run out of pieces to join in my sewing tin.... It needed a massive restock.......

I've been in and out all day catching up on heaps of washing...... Slowly putting things away......
Wished I could find a cleaner........ Just one every month or two would be great...... 
The boys ran away and avoided 'pettycoat government' aka house cleaning....... So I got slack with what I have achieved to.... Still in my pjs and about to go have a shower and change into clean pjs.....it's been nice to bum around all day......
I'll finish with the pile of Lucy blocks...... 
These two will probably go into Lucy 2 but for now they look good on the stack....... 
I've lost count on blocks but maybe these bring the tally to 48?
WOOOPPPPPPPSSSSS
I then went looking for my other Lucy stash.........
4 hrs later I am finishing the post...........

So I have 6 of Sandy's blocks in here.............2 cut and 4 to cut............
so that makes the pieced total 42 I think instead............
AND there are another 7 cut in the tin too.......
I have said I have a problem..........My Friend Lucy is an addiction............
I think these came from The Quilters Angel..........
yes they are for fussy cutting more Lucy blocks.............
And these ones were just because I like the blue and green and they are fat 1/4's............not sure of the range does anyone know............
Anyway........must go to bed soon........
hope you had a good weekend.......
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue.......

30 comments:

Janice said...

Glad that you got a day at home, even if there was lots of washing. Thanks for showing an update on Lucy. If that is your worst addiction you're not doing too bad.

Maria said...

PJ Days are just the best.....
Loving your Lacy blocks ...

Jo said...

I love PJ days too. At least a photo and some preparation is always good too.

Gail said...

Busy, busy, busy! You always accomplish so much given all the other things you need to do-move critters, feed critters, work, cook, clean,etc.! Petticoat government-love it!

Sue SA said...

Lucy is looking good, very, very good!

loulee said...

It's good to see that you got some down time and managed to play with pretty fabrics. The housework can wait, it has until now! LOL And if the blokes don't like it, they could help. LOL

kiwikid said...

Good to see you have had a dah at home, even if it was busy. Good too you got to the chookshed, even looking at fabrics is good for you.

Fiona said...

loving lucy... she looks so good. Always so much to do at home ....
Hugz

jude's page said...

Glad you got some time in the chookshed, even if you did not sew. Good to have a clean up occasionally, and the preparation always takes time.

Jeanette said...

Love your Lucy blocks. Those fabrics in the last photo are gorgeous. Hugs, xx

Anthea said...

Good to get a day at home after the busy-ness of life... Lucy is coming along very well, great work Chooky!

Chantal said...

Love your Lucy blocks. Awesome job! My boys always leave with me with the mess. Cleaning and house chores aren't their forte. ;^)

Helen said...

I love watching your Lucy blocks coming together and I don't think you have a problem really......lol.....but I could be wrong of course.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Oh gosh--wouldn't it be nice to have someone come in and do some cleaning? I would love that ! Your blocks are stunning--you are going to have fun with those new fabrics.

Days and colors said...

Beautiful Lucy blocks, you've been busy! Cleaning?...You know, the only place where Housework comes before Needlework is in the dictionary! ;-)

Susan said...

I think you just need to grab as much time as you can - there will also be "farm" demands on your time.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonito trabajo!!!

Lin said...

Lovely stack of blocks you have there - I like your new fabrics very much! xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very very nice ❤️

gracie said...

Great color choices for the blocks. You are always so busy. Oh how nice if we had a cleaner to keep things in order....

Wendy Caton Reed said...

August is our busiest month in the boatyard so I can relate to your lack of time in the "chook shed". I do hope Lucy is keeping you somewhat relaxed in those bits of moments we steal for ourselves!

cityquilter grace said...

lotsa lovely lucies.....gorgeous fabric choices!

Susie said...

Love these blocks and the fabrics you've used.

Wendy said...

Such beautiful fabrics for either of the Lucys you are working on.

Kunzfrau said...

Mach langsam. Das wird schon. Schön sind deine Blöcke geworden!

Gruß Marion

Deb said...

Chooky, your Lucy Boston blocks are a sheer wonder to look at. Your fussy cutting is truly beautiful and the fabrics-wow.
You're such a busy Chooky I am sure a day in pj's was well deserved. Can't beat it.

marina said...

Such beautiful blocks I can understand your addiction totally!
Lovely new fabrics to fuss cut.
Enjoy being back home,

Sandi said...

Love Pj days - your Lucy blocks are looking great - I don't nearly have that many done (maybe a dozen). This time of year I start getting into "Christmas " mode sewing for gifts and swaps etc so will probably put Lucy away until I find time - it's my "long term" project. Xx

Ondrea said...

I am really loving your Lucy blocks. LOL, I have been using my glue stick after much cursing trying to work out how to refill it. In the end I had to google it.

Jenny said...

I love the blocks. Did I hear you say Lucy 2 ???