Wednesday 9 August 2017

Farm stuff........

Lots of bits............
Saturday every place we went there were water problems.............this was the biggest mess.............the cattle had got into the house yard and busted some pipes............and then they had a great time playing in the muddy water.......
While I was waiting for Mr Chooky to load something on the truck I was looking at this silo and thinking there is no way they would build silos like this now days with these sorts of steps........but I thought they were pretty cool........
we've had lots of BBQ lunchs on the weekends............
I grill some vegies too.........one day was steak another marinated chicken............
Sunset......
a real treat on Saturday night was a ring around the moon..........if you look closely it barely fitted into the photo.......but in the sky it was huge and so clear.........
last night I finally busted the echidna that I knew was wandering around.........here he was hiding under the shrubs...........
when I woke at 4am I could hear a little lamb bleating yesterday morning...........It sounded like a tiny lamb.........how I could hear it so well I knew it had to be close but where from................
Anyway once i got up i looked out and could not see anything..........
But as I was about to leave for work I could hear it bleating again and I finally found it..................look see right there at the Chookshed gateway........sitting on the path in the sun.............
so cute...........so new.......not cleaned up (licked clean by Mum) properly but dry..........
here it is tonight next to Baa..........Baa has grown so much and was having bunting games with the calves when I got home tonight...........I thought the calves were being mean to Baa but no Baa was being the bossy one and also trying to jump up onto the calves with no luck.........
I've had regular double yokers being laid by the chooks..........tonight though someone must be in a bad way as look at the massive gooey thing............whats inside resembles an egg or several.........it was dark so not sure if one of the chooks is dead now but if they are not dead then they sure would not be feeling too good tonight after laying that........
Catch you later.............
Chookyblue..........

16 comments:

Susan said...

I hope you have a name for the lamb by now...Poor hen - very messy.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Cute animal stories--except maybe that last one--love that tiny lamb--hope it survives and grows to be strong and healthy--
enjoy the moments, di

Maria said...

Not good having the water pipe broken.. the BBQ 🍗 lunch looks nice...
Cute tiny lamb, I'm sure he s happier now having a nice bottle 🍼.
Oh that's sure a messy egg . Was the hen okay?

Gretchen Weaver said...

There's always something on a farm. My husband was gone all last week. After he left, I could tell my baby calves were acting funny. They would walk up to the water fountain but not drink. I finally got a mineral tub around and my son and I carried water all week to the tub so they could drink. My husband called an electrician when he got home. It was stray voltage in the water. Chickens are just weird sometimes.

Lin said...

Love following your life. The more you look at that picture of the moon the more you see. xx

Denice Barker said...

I've been gone a week and just caught up on your posts. A very distressing time for all of you - especially the effects of no rain! I'd say hang in there but it's really all you CAN do. Thinking of you...

Jeanette said...

That poor chook. Hope it's ok. Boy the lamb sure is tiny compared to Baa. Fabulous picture of the moon. Hugs,xx

Leratdesfils said...

I like your lifestyle. My grandparents had à farm in Normandy.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

oh no... not good to have leaking water... How cute is little lambie.. do you know who the mother was? Poor chook - I've never seen something like that before, plenty of eggs without the shell, but that is quite different... You're a busy gal! xx

kiwikid said...

Those cows need a talking to!! Who belonged to the little lamb?? Feel for that chook, must not be at all well. Your BBQ looked yummy! Sounds like life is super busy for you all.

Maria said...

The many wonders of life on the land.

gracie said...

There is always something happening at your place....love the pictures.

Wendy said...

There seems to be so much activity going on around your farm/ranch...the little lamb is so precious! Poor hen, hope they are all ok.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Praying for rain for you all. Farm life is fun and also hard. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky,awesome photos,hope you get rain soon, sending you big huge hugs my friend ,thinking of you ,hoping things improve soon xxxxxx

jude's page said...

Yep cows can quickly make a mess, and keeping on top of the water supply can be challenging. love your farm posts.