Saturday 5 April 2014

Sat at GDITC.........

Finally I have almost got my posts prepared for GDITC.......Friday night you can find way back here.......
here we go.........Kris have you got your cuppa..........
Huge anticipation waiting out the front of the hall for the doors to open.............what has Kerry decorated the tables with, what is the project, what fabrics will we have, what type of coffee mug will be get..........
I got a green one this year........I had a red one but  I knew Jenny LOVES red so I swapped with her............
This is my 7th year...........I have not missed one.........
1 & 2 with Leanne Beasley and Rosallie Quinlan
3 & 4 with Anni Downs Hatched and Patched
5 & 6 Sue Daley
7th Lynette Anderson
So many happy excited ladies........
catching the morning sun before we head in............

Everyone finding there tables and getting organised.............
Loved the blue boxes Kerry popped our projects into...........
I "had" to stop sewing and give Lynette my chair so she could show us her applique techniques..........
Anita this is the reason I didn't get my project finished..........lol...
Lynette Anderson and her great bag design we did for our workshop............
Some of my non blogging buddies on this table..........we always catch up at GDITC............
Betty and Chris also came to our Bathurst Blog meet........

Hi lurkers...........lol........
the room buzzing with activity and happy ladies..........
Maureen, Susan, Dawnie, Suzie, Ann and Sam on this table.............

?, Miss Jules, Alison, Kate, Lea, Sonia, Jan

Lynette shopping only......lots of her patterns, buttons, fabrics some kits....
I think this was before the shop opened.............

Betty brought along this gorgeous quilt to show me.......I should have stolen it from under her table....do you think she would have noticed...............I LOVE it..........gorgeously quilted by Betty too............

Dawnie, Kerry and Lea
Oh and incase your vague, busy or missed it Kerry's blog is now at this address.......I only worked this out yesterday when talking to Kerry and she asked had I not seen the gorgeous new French General fabrics on her blog..............woops was still following the old blog address not the new one............all sorted now though.............

I want to make this one..........

My table.....
back - Jenny, Gail, Peg, Kerri (hiding), me and Dawnie (table crashing)
Front - Dale, Dory aka Chez, and Shez
I got to sit next to Shez for the day...............let me tell you girls...........
I had to confiscate that ipad of hers........she was getting no work done as she was too busy on it.....no wonder she had to have a "nanna nap" later in the day............
seriously though it was great to spend the day next to her............

I had the best time with Kerri coming to stay before the weekend.......we spent a couple of days in the chookshed it was so nice...........not that I achieved much as I had trouble focusing on a project but it was nice to just be out there...........but Kerri made great progress on a quilt top............

Lots of ladies enjoying a drink and nibbles while watching the trunk show by Lynette.........
more to come.................
&&&&&&
Oh and did you know this time is 350 sleeps 1hour 2 mins and 23 secs we will be doing it all again............not that I am counting down or anything.......
But I heard there are a few newbies for 2015 OMG I am so excited and some of the old girls will be back.......some of my blog buddies I only get to see while here so it is a special time together....
If you want to come you need to contact Kerry today as it is pretty much already booked out for 2015......she only has so much space in the hall and that's the biggest venue in Nundle.
Catch you later
Chookyblue

22 comments:

Leanne said...

Great round up of a fab looking weekend.

KERYN B said...

Chooky no wonder you didn't get much done making a huge sacrifice like that in giving up your chair it would have interrupted your creative flow. Not many women would have made that sacrifice.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

I bet that this is the best hoe down in Nundle...

Cheryll said...

Shez & Dory have their names down already...wouldn't miss it...well perhaps Dory might BUT Chez will be there...lol
Great bunch of pic's Chooky! :)

Fiona said...

I always love your version and happy snaps of the weekend....
Hugz

creations.1 said...

A wonderful weekend had by all - your photos prove it!! I have just sent off my enquiry re vacancies for next year!!

DAWNIE said...

Just love looking at all the pics and reminiscing such a great weekend. Put together perfectly chooky

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It was a wonderful weekend Chooky....and I did hear we have a few newbies...exciting...

Raewyn said...

It's so cool seeing what you all got up to (I'm sure that wasn't all!)... and I always enjoy putting faces to names/blogs as well.

Susan said...

This "old" girl will definitely be back in 2015!

wish2stitch said...

Looks like such a lovely weekend away.

Noela said...

Glad you had a lovely time. Hugs....

Anita said...

Looks like a lot of fun...as usual! Did you put my name down for next year?

Susan said...

A great wrap up Chooky! Certainly a fun time - and hopefully Kerry has us included for 2015!!! (I'll be checking)

Cardygirl said...

Nice pic of you&Kerri...is your Chooky quilt going to be blue?

Anonymous said...

Lovely post chooky ,bringing back such wonderful memories,lol,I won't be a Nundle Virgin next year,lol, This retreat is such an awesome group of friends,so glad Dory is having me back next year. Love the pic of you and Kerri,let the countdown begin.xx

Susie said...

Soooo much fun. I enjoyed seeing shez's updates. Even the nanna nap photos.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Got my cuppa, got comfy and enjoyed your post! :0) Looks like you and the gals had a blast at Nundle ... isn't it great to get together with other crazies ... er ... I mean ... "stitchers"!! :0) And I'm sure you enjoyed chatting with Lynette Anderson too ... she's a sweetie! :0) Off to do my own epic post now to wrap up our Girls Stitch In last weekend ... make yourself a cuppa and come on over for a visit! One day we might even get to attend the SAME stitching weekend ... look out world! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Marilyn said...

Yay!!! See you in 348 days, plus a few hours. Very excited. Lovely lot of pics, and that is a great one of you and Kerri.

Sam said...

Great post and lovely photos. What a lovely wrap up of a wonderful weekend, Thankyou Chooky.

suzitee said...

Sigh...it would be SO awesome to be able to attend this event!As that will probably never happen, I have to thank you for the great photos...it all looks like so much fun!

Anthea said...

Oh how I would love to attend such a day out!! These are such great pics Chooky, it certainly was high time for YOU to have some You Time, after the challenges of your life lately.

And OMG I have finally come across someone else who loathes daylight saving, yay - a trial of it here in WA in the mid-90s was bad enough!!