Tuesday 13 December 2011

catching up......


Kris you may need a cuppa.............lots of bits here...........
&&&
While I was in the "big smoke" for a few days I got to have a quick blog meet lunch with Sonia.....after approx 5 years online we finally met........now not really knowing what Sonia looked like I spotted her by a lovely stitched bag with this quilt poking out..........she has quilted it by hand and it is gorgeous check it out...........so nice to see another finished quilt as part of the first SAL...............we enjoyed a lovely lunch...........thanks for the little prezzie..........

I am loving all the goodies from Kris in the Advent Swap organised by Fee.......

....Kris also included a little parcel for Fairy Girl since she knows she opens every second day of my parcels.......I only get to open 1/2 but we do it together and she remembers first thing every morning.................this parcel below Kris said she could open now or later...........as Fairy Girl has no will power to hold off it got opened ASAP.........thanks heaps Kris she LOVES the gift you sent to her and felt very special............much appreciated.........you should have seen the look on her face when she was sorting thru the dates to find the first parcel and found one with her name on it............

Fairy Girl and I had great fun making these ornaments...............super quick and easy and very cute hanging on the tree...............the round beads look much nicer then the oval ones..........you can find a tutorial here with Annette.........she made some for her teachers too.......
we had a good fall of rain on the weekend............the biggest for 12 months........I had a pool in the front yard for awhile...............still a long way from our annual average rainfall................what we have had all year is nearly the same as what Maree has had in the last few weeks...........no wonder she has been flooded...............
the last few weeks have mainly been high 20'sC temp wise............very mild really for December in my area so I will enjoy it while it continues..........the next week looks much of the same............when the heat comes we'll be in for quite a shock...........the garden is loving the rain and me the break from watering all the time.........lucky I have a dam to water my garden and now it is FULL along with all the other farms dams bar one...........

some mystery envelopes went off  to some special friends.............hope they arrive before Christmas but not sure.............

My Friends in Stitching parcel below was sent off and I received mine in the mail today....Thanks to the sender i'm very excited...........you know who you are............
Slowly the SSCS parcels are arriving.............mine hasn't landed with the receiver yet............I wished the sleigh would hurry and deliver............don't forget to email me ASAP as we have some anxious Santa's waiting to hear about parcels.........EDIT just got an email to say mine has been dropped off the sleigh.........and I have a happy recipient.........yeh......
&&&&
With the wet weather the Fairy Girl got the Christmas tree up while I was sewing..........
.......I just love pulling out all the hand made decorations and wall hangings............some from my beautiful blog friends...............
&&&
Two Christmas parties to go to this weekend if it doesn't rain......
it is predicted so we'll see what happens...........
&&&
Finally school holidays start in a few days.............I am so excited................no bus run..............no routine...............a few weeks holidays from work over Christmas too..........
&&&
this post is a bit of everything but it has been in the planning for a week or so and I started to write it this morning and I have been working on it for 2 hrs since I got home in between phone calls and cooking dinner etc.........so i hope it makes sense.........off to finished some teacher present - cooking little boxes with choc chip biscuits, rocky road, chocolate balls..........Fairy Girl has loved helping
&&&
12 sleeps til Santa comes......he's watching so you better be good....................
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

16 comments:

Nicky said...

So much happening in your days at the moment too....... 12 sleeps will be over in no time. And yes, you do have a VERY happy recipient, so thanks again!

Anonymous said...

My thats a lot of rain.Well done fairygirl on your ornaments they are so cute.
Not long now till santa's here.

Susan said...

Seems like you are in a pretty happy state right now - and love that pic of Sydney - love any pic of Sydney harbour - cant beat it really - hope you dont mind if I keep a copy for myself - you might see it crop up somewhere "Wonderful" - so let me know if you'd rather I didnt use it.

Susan said...

This is such a busy time of year, but its also a lot of fun - sounds like you've been making the most of it. Glad to hear your dams are full, and the cool weather can stay as long as it likes.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A busy time for you Chooky...I remember the days of bucketing plants...saving water from the shower and washing machine...ahhh, the good ol' days! Glad your parcel has arrived...

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! WOW! A marathon for the Queen Of Short Posts! Tee! Hee! Hee! Glad you and Fairy Girl are having fun opening Advent parcels ... I had fun finding bits and bobs to send you ... and am enjoying my little surprises, too! :0) Glad you've had some good rain - we've had a bit here too, which was needed. Here's hoping for a nice balance of rain and sunny days to keep everyone happy and not flooded for Christmas! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Well looks like you have been having a lovely time. You could send some rain our way would be good. Bit dry here at the moment. Have a great xmas

FloS said...

12 sleeps !!!! I can't believe it !!
No snow here...only rain ... like you !
Florence

Sonia said...

It was wonderful, to finally meet you and I thoroughly enjoyed the surprise text and catch up. so glad the weather was awesome whilst you were here...it's not so nice now.
love and hugs
Sonia

Shari said...

Lovely for you to have some rain, time with friends, lovely gifts, school holidays... hope your days are busy with what you want to do!

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Love all the ornaments, fun times.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gee I did need a cuppa for that one...How talented is our girl...Lovely goodies from Kris...xx

Chocolate Cat said...

Nice to catch up with your bits and pieces, glad your parcel has arrived!

Janet said...

It really is wet at your place! Beats a drought though I guess. What a lot of lovely things going on, how lovely that you share with Fairy girl all the lovley gifts. I think I could make those ribbon trees, they're such a wonderful quick ornament.

Leanne said...

Good to see the rain in the yard how is the creek flowing.

Anonymous said...

Still laughing that we've had more in the last 3 weeks than you have had all year! I'm glad you didn't get another wet summer though!!