Sunday 6 February 2011

another dress.........

We had some friends out yesterday and someone had a birthday.............so
we had to have a present...............she picked out some fabric and I made
up this dress..........
.......Sort of combined effort from this top and this
dress...........still not quite right but getting closer to what i
want.............the wider binding wasn't so good around the top as it was a
but too wide..............maybe by the fourth one I will be able to get what
I want between the 2 patterns.

Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

13 comments:

Sheryl said...

that's a really sweet little dress, I'm sure the birthday girl didn't mind the wide binding, she looks very cute....

Anonymous said...

good job chooky i think it looks great and i love the polka dot fabric.
cheers shez
http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

Joy said...

I really like it :o) ... nice and cool. The colour and the spots are a definite plus for me too lol.
If you're not so keen on the binding ... maybe you could fold the outer edge over making it half the width, and stitch it down (??).
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

Leanne said...

I love the dress and the model.

Lurline said...

A big smile there, so someone is very happy! Looks lovely!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Roseanne said...

She look lovely in her new dress. What is it with little girls and t polka dots. My grand daughters love then and so did my daughter when she was youn.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I think you have done a great job Chooky....

dutchcomfort said...

A very sweet dress Donna!

Simone de Klerk said...

Very clever and the girl looks very happy in it (o:

Bec said...

you've done well, dressmaking to fit isn't always easy. Very cute dress!

Beth said...

Adorable dress. She looks cute and it looks like she has a big smile on her face.

Thimbleanna said...

Very Cute Donna! I'll bet you're a popular Mum!

Solstitches said...

Very pretty!
Takes me back to when I made clothes for my daughter.
Loved those days.

Margaret