Saturday 1 May 2010

new garden sculptures..............

What do you think of my new garden sculptures.............absolutely free and they change shape with the wind well any slight breeze really ...........if you have followed my blog for a few years you would have seen some photos of this stuff before..........after a fantastic summer of rain yet again and lots of grasses growing this is the downside..............BIG downside.............
AND this is just the start of it..............makes me want to move house............can I swap with someone in town...........
Just trying to work out a modification for the front of my ride on mower to push more under................it does a pretty good job out on the lawn but this stuff gets everywhere..............even up your trouser leg if your not careful..........
a pod I found on one of my trees.............pretty...........
mob of gulahs and a few top knot pigeons and apostle birds eating some grain that was spilt.........
few more pics at snappy friends.................gulahs - such a pretty pink aren't they..........
Catch you later...............Chookyblue

15 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

I know exactly how you feel...we had the same stuff (we call it tumble weeds lol!) blow into the backyard a couple of months ago and it seems to take forever to get rid of it!
Lisa

Terry said...

OMG...what is that stuff in the first two photos? Does it grow there or is it just something that blew in??

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope you and your family don't suffer with allergies! Love your photos of your part of the country - beautiful despite the garden sculptures.

Laila said...

Hi - You can come and stay here for a while.. I got no green grass, no leaves on trees just a few small flowers and a cold wind with snow flakes in the air..
But I got fire in the stove and a lot of UFO's ;-)
Hugs

SunShineyRain said...

Your "sculptures" make my lawn weeds look like beautiful flowers. I think i will stop complaining about the clover and dandelion now. Good luck with that stuff!

Love Bears All Things said...

Ugh! Those kinds of plants are called prolific and are a nuisance once you have them in your yard.
I love the pink birds. It is nice to see some nature from other countries.

And what a beautiful Gardner's Journal square in your header. I love that you used blue thread and blues dominate your fabric. So pretty.
Mama Bear

willywagtail said...

What dreamy sculptures. And to think that they are ever-changing! ;) Are gulars the same as galahs? Cherrie

Unknown said...

Does the STUFF come every year? Isn´t this less than sometimes before?

Miriam said...

I have never seen grass like that before!
I hope you don't get too many of those birds back eating the crops!

Unknown said...

Umbrella grass invasion again! It looks so pretty but I bet its heaps annoying too! Jo xox

Jenny said...

I remember that grassy stuff from last year-don't fancy it up my trouser leg! Nice pods and birdie photos

Bev C said...

Hello Donna, you need one of those flame throwers. I still find a bit of that stuff around but we haven't had rain to make it grow. Love the shot of the galahs. Happy gardening.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Mother's Day present... The present that keeps on giving. Possible shouldn't be the headache your are receiving from it all though.

Teodo said...

If you want to come here in Milan I will be happy to stay a bit with you.
ciao ciao

Bec said...

mmm your new garden sculptures don't look too easy to remove. hope the grasses aren't upsetting you too much.