Friday 27 March 2009

Time for Tea Swap Sent............

Stephanie at Loft Creations organised a swap "Time for Tea" this is what I sent my swap partner Bonnie of Calamity Janes Cottage.............close up..........

The tea cup stack is printed..........I am not that good (to applique it all ).........but I just loved this fabric and still have some left over so will make something up for myself............the fabric was my inspiration and then I made up the rest of the design..........you can see the rest of the parcel I sent here.............

(curly pops and blossom)

found this rose in the garden when taking the pics.........seemed to fit the theme..........it is called "Raspberry Ice"

My parcel is still floating around somewhere..........

Thanks Stephanie for organising the swap..........

.........take care til next time.............
.......Chookyblue..........

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I too have some of this Fabric...Love what you have done with it...Very Nice...!!
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I saw your gifts on Bonnies blog, just lovely Chooky, love the fabrics you have used...

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love it. Will the photo of your tea quilt and your sweet critters become a new card?

Lynn said...

How wonderful - love the fabric and very clever of your cows to pose for you with it.

Chocolate Cat said...

I love what you've done with this fabric! You don't seem to have much luck with swaps at the moment, hope your parcel turns up soon! Blossom and Curly pops are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Well done! I love it! Especially love Curly Pops and Blossom posing for their photo!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! See what you mean now. Love that print. Would make a lovely tablerunner too.

Jodie said...

Love that teacup print chooky ...and cows keeping an eye on things as well.

Julia said...

Love that teacup print Chooky ...and cows keeping an eye on things as well....makes a great photo, good thing they weren't tempted to take a bite out of it..
Julia ♥

Lurline said...

Just love the way you have let great fabrics do the talking! Nicely done!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Fee said...

It is gorgeous Donna - If you hadn't of saif I would have thought that you had painstakingly appliqued it - The effect is gorgeous and it is lovely. Thanks for the link to Bonnies - I have just purchased fabric - LOL

ozjane said...

That quilt is lovely and inspires me to go to my teacup and coffee etc colletion box.
I have far too many collections and not enough ideas to use them but am actually making a music theme quick and am squaring off stack and slash blocks.
Keep up the lovely photography..have decided on a Sony, not sure which one, as it means all my Minolta SLR lens fit.
I think I recall asking you about slr digital a while back.
I need to organize a computer change over next week and then will think about cameras again. The garden has not been condusive to photography over the summer.

Unknown said...

The quilt is very appropriate for the name of the swap.

Nanette Merrill said...

Too cute! Love your tea creation. I'm catching up on blog posts. You've got great fabric here too! Really fun seeing what you are upt o.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Donna,
You just don't know how much I appreciated your swap gift. Thank you again,
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie